1/30/09

Blessings

So here I sit on this beautiful, sunny Friday morning. My boys have gone to school, the girls are upstairs playing and I am finally able to have some yummy waffles. As I sit here pondering what my menu is going to be for the next 2 weeks, writing things down for my grocery list, I decide to call a friend and get recipe . I catch her on her way to school. She is subbing for her girl's class. Now I know that the reason I called was to get a recipe, but that wasn't even mentioned. Instead the topics of our conversation, between all the tears were: my plumbing for the second time is backed up and the toilet water is coming up the tub pipes; someone broke into my car (in the middle of the day, while I'm home, I might add) costing me $800;  I haven't been able to make my house payment for the past 2 months so who knows how much longer I will have a home to live in; I'm barely able to pay my other bills and I just don't feel good.  And on top of all that, she is a single parent of 2 girls. All I can do shake my head in disbelief. I'm not kidding when I say this friend has been through it all and even in her darkest hour still finds the faith to say, and I think BELIEVE, that everything will work out - that God will make everything work out.  Even though she is not a member, she has been one to help strengthen my testimony in ways she may never understand. She is an amazing example and I love her.

So, today I will clean my house, wash my 5-6 batches of clothes, put away my groceries and clean up after little messes left throughout the day from many little people and thank my Heavenly Father that I can because I've been blessed. 

Thought for the day:   Thank you for the sky so blue, thank you for the green grass, too.
Thank you for the birds that sing; thank you, Lord, for everything.  

3 comments:

Ziegler 7 said...

you are practically perfect in every way!!!
I love you!!

Stacey said...

The Lord works in mysterious ways and I bet she was grateful for a friend like you to talk to. Thanks for the reminder of how blessed we are.

The Godoy's said...

you uplift me