1/10/09

Hooray for Saturday!

Today I will be spending the day with friends. No cleaning, washing, drying, mowing, vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing, or wiping - other than Ellie's bum. No, today is a day that has been long over due. Mikayla, Ellie and I will be sharing a play date with our dear friends Tanya, Talia and Tianna. These are friends of ours that were our neighbors at our last home. They are some of our best friends and we love being at their home. Plans? For now it will be eating great food, rearranging furniture and just getting caught up on each others lives. Something I have missed. So, to all who still have Saturday chores to do I have one word for you - DON'T! Instead call up a friend and go to brunch at some fantastic little farmers market or if you are lucky enough to live where snow is a frequent visitor this time of year, go warm up, catch up and enjoy the moment over a warm cup of cocoa. xoxoxo to all!

Thought for the day: What not to do - worry. As my mom has told me, worry is like rocking in a rocking chair; it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. :)

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Dang, sounds like a great Saturday. I on the other hand got the little advice a little too late (Sunday morning) after spending Saturday not doing fun things. I did get paid to hang out with some people so that's not too bad I guess. I had to work last night but met some really fantastic people so I guess that's good enough.

Loni said...

Love the rocking chair analogy! Sounds like a great time!

Kristi Rowley said...

Sounds fun! When I read the "mowing" part, I had to read it again, then I remembered where you live. Doesn't everyone get snow this time of year?

Stephanie said...

That sounds FABULOUS! Want to come to Cali? Great new years resolutions! And I love the thought of the day! Miss you guys! We are already looking forward to the family reunion even if we don't know when or where! It will be fun!