1/8/09

Okay - So here I go!

Happy New Year to you and to me too! My motto for this year - 2009 is mine! I now take ownership of myself and my decisions. You see for too long I have been listening to all those ugly little negative voices in my head and I'm just now realizing that I do not like where it has taken me. Don't get me wrong. I feel extremely blessed in every area of my life, but I feel like I've just been coasting on good and like President Hinckley always said - we need to be better! So, bare with me while I brain storm a bit. 

How-I-will-be-better-not-just-your-normal-new-year's-resolutions-list! WHEW!

1. LIVE ON PURPOSE!
2. Find joy in the little things.
3. Don't be so hard on myself.
4. Send more little notes.
5. Make more calls to family.
6. Develop my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior through scriptures and personal prayer.
7. Look for the good in others and build on that.
8. Exercise everyday for at least 1 hour.
9. Cook and eat healthy for myself and for my family.
10. Read a good book every month.
11. Read the Ensign every month.
12.  Post at least once a week on my blog.
13. Take time to stop and listening when someone-especially my little people-need to talk. There are so many things that can wait and body language says so much.
14. Put me back on the list.
15. Have date night with Matt.
16. Have date night with my kids.
17. Bake more bread.
18. Eat more cookies! -Especially the wheat chocolate chip ones.
19. Compliment not criticize.
20. Seek and pray for opportunities to share the gospel.
21. Serve more with my family.
22. Reduce piles.
23. Have bake sales with my kids.
24. Go to the park more.
25. Say "no" less.
26. Love my life!

So there you have it. A few of the things that have been on my mind and things that I want to see happen in my life.  And good luck to you and all your ambitious endeavors. I love you all! Thanks for the patience and encouragement with this blog thing. I'll get there. xoxo to all!

Thought for the day:  Find a way or make a way - Get up now and seize the day!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

You are on a roll with this blogging thing!! Great post - it inspires me to add to my list of things to do in 2009...especially the "eat more cookies"! I may need you to send me your recipe for wheat chocolate chip cookies.

The Torgersen's said...

What were you doing up that early blogging? You ARE crazy!!! Tell Jen to update her blog, and Launi too. I love your resolutions!!

Babcock Family said...

That is some list you got there! good luck with all that. Have you been watching Oprah?
"put yourself back on your list" I am excited about more posting, that will make me feel more in touch with you guys.

Leah S. said...

Thank you Rindy for inspiring me to do a little better. I need to sit down and seriously write out my goals for this year. Then I need to put them up somewhere to constantly remind me to keep on track.
You're the best! Love you!

Stacey said...

I like #5 and #12 the best. As long as calling family includes us since we never hear from you. Love the list and it really is inspiring. I need to do better on so many of those things. Keep up the good work.

Ziegler 7 said...

CAN I HAVE YOUR LIST??!! You are amazing!! Love you

Rhonda said...

Lindy- thanks for being YOU!. You have no idea how much you inspire me to do better. I want to be just like you! Love you!