1/25/09

I love Sunday afternoons

Yes it has been longer than a week - I realize that. I suppose I just need to get the idea that I can only post if I have a picture or two out of my head. I guess if everyone enjoys reading my blog as much as I do theirs, it isn't really that big of a deal.
So these past few weeks have been b-u-s-y! Mom was able to visit for a couple of weeks spaced out between my house, Jen's, Launi's and Jaris's. And boy did we have a ball. Between the dreaded flu bug (which included throwing up, on, over, near, between, under, through and in the boy's bunk beads-and I'm not kidding) ear infections, trips to urgent care and antibiotics for kids and Mom alike we had quite the time. And even though we did have some yucky moments, there were some great times too. Like the girls breakfast we had at a quaint little farmers market. We felt like we were in the back of Granonie's house in California -not at all in the booming metropolis of Phoenix. It was a peacefully quiet, sunny morning with a slight breeze and only the sound of chirping birds and friends laughing and visiting. Mikayla ordered an amazing Belgium waffle with strawberries and whipped cream - the best I've ever tasted. Mom had a maple bread pudding that was more like dessert and I opted for the veggie omelet that included purple onion, zucchini, cauliflower (that they grew right there)  and a scrumptious green sauce with goat cheese. Can I just tell you, I would eat there everyday if I could. It was lovely! When we finished our brunch, we walked around the farm and looked at all the beautiful vegetables they had growing in their gardens and what an incredible compost! I am in the process of planting my own garden using some homemade compost and I was so impressed- or should I say GREEN with envy. :) They also had a little shop where art students from ASU could come and display their work. The resident artist for that week was a lady that worked in textiles and wanted to somehow incorporate her work into the community and the outdoors. The month prior she had a community open-house where she invited people young and old to come and knit/crochet blocks to be pieced together into a quilt. Then, with those quilts she took them to this farm and literally wrapped them around some of the huge oak trees they have growing there. They looked like huge tree warmers. Each tree had a theme and I thought they were beautiful. I will go back and see if I can take some photos.
And then to top it off, for those of you who don't know, Dallin and Mikayla are raising money to go to DC with Mom and Dad in May. So, to begin the great endeavor they decided to have a bake sale at the park on Monday the 19th- Martin Luther King day. It was a day we anticipated having the park full of people - mostly kids wanted a treat. So being the wonder-woman Mom is we stayed up making her incredible rice crispy treats (with her special ingredient), peanut butter and snickerdoodle cookies. And thank you to Jaris and Launi for your help. I couldn't have done it without them. I'm sure you all know how these "kid" projects turn out. It's more like "mom, grandma, aunt, dad and anyone else Mom can find to help" projects. It was a good experience. 
So my next big project? Since I really don't have that much to do -ya, right- other than planning a family reunion,  Matt and I are doing some family room renovating. It's like this - we have one more child than room and we need some space for an office. And since we have a front room we just aren't using, why not make it smaller and put in an office? I'm actually very excited so I'll be sure to post some pictures. 
Have you all fallen asleep yet? Maybe this post was more for me than you. It's nice to have what I've been doing written down somewhere. One day I will look back and be glad I took the time, right?  xoxox to all!  Me

Thought for the day:   The more I think, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.  -Vincent van Gogh 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your life just as much as seeing pictures! Its so great to keep updated!

Brett said...

Heck yes! At least reading about what's going on it better than nothing. Keep it up! By the way, let me know if you need help with your blog or whatever. I can teach you how to use stuff and put cool things on. You know where to find me.

Stacey said...

Fun, I want to go to D.C. too, especially with your mom and all the knowledge she has. That's a great idea to use your front room as an office. Front rooms can be so pointless sometimes, only nice when the home/visiting teachers come. It's nice that's it's big enough to still have one and still make an office. It's so good to hear from you more often. We miss you.

Ziegler 7 said...

You have the right idea!! I will follow your example and force myself to post without having pictures every time...becaus I do love to read the posts!! for me it is not all about the pictures. It was great to be in your home with your beautiful mom and sisters I'm excited about your office also!!

Laura said...

Cute blog, Lindy! It's so fun reconnecting with the fam - and I love seeing everyone's blogs.

gramelinda said...

I love reading about our adventures while I was there...I love you tons and thing you are truly incredible! xoxoxoxo

Leah S. said...

I love, love, love that you are keeping up with your blog. I love to read what's going on with you.

Can hardly wait for next weekend when we can all be together again at Jen's. When are you planning on going down? I took the day off and Rhonda has 1/2 day so we were going to leave early to go down. We'll have to talk and see who's doing what, when.....
Love you!