1/14/09

If ye are prepared ye shall not fear

So just the other day a good friend of mine came over for a visit. During the conversation she invited me to a preparedness fireside that she was having that night in her stake, which happened to be my old stake. Can I just tell you, I was not even prepared for what I heard. The speaker's name was Wendy Dewitt and she was phenomenal! I left feeling so empowered you can bet in no more than 4 months I WILL have my years  food storage supply for my whole family. People! This is so doable! Everything she gave us was so detailed and exciting. With her program you could be having shepard's pie, sweet and sour chicken, chicken alfredo, apple crisp, brownies, chocolate chip cookies - even bottled citrus (which I am dying to try).  She gave us a booklet with all the references and resources that we need to do everything down to the last teaspoon of salt. For those of you who are interested her website is:  everythingunderthesunblog.blogspot.com. Take a look and I know you'll be glad you did. 

Thought for the day:  A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people promptly announces she never did care for pie.  Tenneva Jordan

Don't you love being a mom?

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm glad you felt empowered because looking through her site I just felt overwhelmed. I just keep hearing different tactics of how to get your food storage and don't know which one to do. I'll do one for a bit then hear another one and switch and then just quit altogether, which is where I'm at now. This does sound like one of the better ones though. I'll try to get more determined again.

The Torgersen's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Torgersen's said...

Thanks Lindy, that is my main goal for 2009, love ya!

Jodi said...

Our main focus last year was on being better prepared. We have 72 hour kits for everyone and have been working on our food storage. It has brought such a feeling of peace! We work on replacing and adding new things each month. Our Stake pres. asked us to buy 10 of something extra everytime we visit the grocery store...it's amazing how fast it adds up!! I just look for really good deals and buy 10 of them and add them to our food storage!

The Godoy's said...

i do love being a mom..there is nothing better!!!! it was fun eating lunch with you..but hard driving away from you..does it ever get easier? ugh! and by the way...i love reading your blog..

The Lewy's said...

Great goals you have, I am just trying to tackle some of the simple things... not easy! Whitney thinks you look just like your mom! It is great to peek in on your family!