2/2/09

WAY TO GO CARDINALS!

So it's Dallin's week for dishes and today after school he and I were working together, loading the dishwasher. I asked him how his day was and how he was feeling about raising money to go to DC. See this summer Mom and Dad are going to be taking Dallin and Mikayla back east and we decided that the kids could pay for the air fare. Mikayla has been able to do some baby-sitting and earn extra money but Dalllin hasn't done much other than combined fund-raising activities with Mikayla. As he sees Mikayla and all her profit, he has been making less then positive comments about how there is no way he will be able to make enough money to go.  Today was different.
For those of you who didn't know, last night the Arizona Cardinals played in the 43rd super-bowl. And it was amazing. There was not a dull moment in the whole game and those of us that were watching the Cardinals play for the first time, sorry to say, wished we'd have been more loyal fans. "Our boys" held their own as they made up for interceptions, fumbles and some not so pretty moments. Not to mention some incredible defensive plays. We were able to watch it with some friends, and even though for the most part it was just the adults, every so often the kids would come in a take a look to see what all the yelling and screaming was about. 
I didn't think that the game made that big of an impression on Dallin, but I was wrong. You see as we were standing there doing dishes together he told me that the Cardinals were pretty cool because they didn't give up.  He said that we shouldn't give up before the big event happens because maybe we'll win and that we need to give our biggest effort.
So, to all you Arizona Cardinals that didn't bring home the super-bowl win, thank-you. In this mom's opinion, you've done more for my son than any super-bowl trophy ever could have.

Thought for the day:  Never, never, never give up.  Winston Churchill

5 comments:

Leah S. said...

You know that you are one of the most amazing woman I know? I love that you are writing on blog so often, you have the best inspriational stories.

What a fantastic experience to have your son have a learning experience while watching the super bowl. Who would have thought?

Thanks for sharing.
Love you

Shelley & Scott said...

Well, I haven't looked at your blog in months because you used to never update it but Jen just called and told me I had to read what you wrote about the superbowl. So of course, I got all caught up. Love little Dallin's story. Amazing that he came up with that all on his own. I'm sure your so proud. And I really love all your inspirational thoughts at the end of your posts. Thanks for the inspiration!

gramelinda said...

The more I'm around Dallin, the more I believe that if we listen to him, we may be destined for greatness too! Thanks for sharing!xoxoxoxo

The Torgersen's said...

Dallin, what a great insight you have for all of us. Unfortunately the majority of us here were cheering for the Steelers. Your Uncle T is a true Steelers Nation fan through and through!!!

The Mayo Family said...

Wow I am amazed at his insight! I hope he raises enough money to go to D.C.