3/20/09

Introducing................






I know many of you have been waiting patiently for these photos so........... it is with great pleasure that I proudly present your 2009 Art Director of the Year, my husband ( and pretty sexy one at that) Mr. Matthew Wilson!

Last Saturday Matt and I attended the 24th annual Addy Awards held here in Arizona. The Addy Awards are given to different advertising agencies that have raised the bar when it comes to advertising so receiving one is really quite an honor. There were 744 entries from 52 Phoenix companies and we had no idea that Matthew would be honored in this way. He won the award because of the work he has done this past year, but specifically for the work he did for the Grand Canyon  Summer Games. Like I said, it was a surprise and I know I can say this to all of you because I know you know me but I was so proud of him! When they read his name I wanted to cry - in fact I did!  I just had a flash of feelings and memories of my cute little husband up late to get things put together for clients, going in much to early to come up with some new presentation because he's meeting with the client in 4 hours and has no idea what he's going to be presenting because they have vetoed everything he has already presented and have given him absolutely no creative liberty - mostly because of budget cuts, or all the late nights of missing the family prayers, or family dinners because he has to tie up loose ends. FINALLY! I finally felt like he was receiving some well deserved recognition. I know that he knows how wonderful and incredibly talented I think he is, but I also recognize how important it was for him to receive that confirmation from his peers. 
So, Matthew, congratulations. You will always be the reigning champion in my eyes!

Thought for the day: As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.   Paul Shane Spear

To Matthew, you have forever changed my world - for the best! xoxoxoxo to you!

14 comments:

The Knight's said...

You should be a writer...and we too are so proud of Mateo...we love him lots and have always thought that he was so talented and deserved every award. so what is next? An Oscar?

The Busey Family said...

That is awesome. I am glad he got some recognition. Hope the house is going well. Love ya lots!

The Torgersen's said...

Wow!!! That is so awesome!! Congrats Matt and Lindy!!

Babcock Family said...

hip hip.....hooray!

PS Im proud of him too.

Loni said...

Congrats Matt! You have always been so talented. It sure was fun to see you guys at the wedding. Have a great week.

Angie said...

Yah!! Good for you Matt! That has to be sooo exciting for you guys! We are so proud of you! I hope you got another trip or something good!

Stacey said...

Yay, congratulations! That's really great!

Kristi Rowley said...

Congrats! That's pretty cool!

Jodi said...

Way to go Matt!!! BTW...I love the belt! It looks good on you!

The Godoy's said...

I am so happy for him!! I think he is so talented...but I am glad he got more recognition!!! hey..when do you want to play?

Leah S. said...

Congrats to Matt, that's fantastic!

Stephanie said...

Yay for Matt! We always knew how amazing and talented he is, it is nice to get an award for it! How is the house coming along?

Cheyenne said...

AWESOME!! Well-deserved. And I've never seen a cooler award, ever.

Stacey said...

Happy birthday Spencer!!! We miss your updates Lindy. Love you guys.